Do I Need Furnace Repair?
If you happen to observe any irregularities in your furnace's operation, it is crucial to promptly reach out to our dedicated team of professionals. Our highly skilled Kansas City furnace repair technicians possess the expertise and training necessary to swiftly pinpoint the root cause of any issues and implement effective resolutions to restore optimal heating functionality.
Postponing essential repairs may lead to exacerbated damage to your heating system, potentially resulting in even more substantial and expensive repairs in the future. Don't compromise on the efficiency of your heating—contact our team without delay for timely and reliable solutions to safeguard your comfort and prevent further complications.
Signs You Need Furnace Repair Include:
- Reduced airflow from your vents
- Strange odors emitting from the furnace
- Loud, unusual noises coming from the system
- Higher heating bills than normal
- Uneven temperatures throughout your home
- Thermostat isn't communicating with the furnace
- The pilot light keeps going out or changing color
- Cold air is blowing through the vents when the furnace is running
- Heating system struggles to power on
- Decreased indoor air quality
- Lack of adequate heating
How Long Should a Furnace Last?
Typically, you can expect a furnace to last approximately 10 to 15 years. When maintained properly and regularly, your furnace may even have a longer life, up to 20 years. If your furnace is newer than 10 years old and you are experiencing issues, the most cost-effective route may be to schedule a furnace repair in Kansas City. If your furnace is about 15 years old, it’s a good idea to consult Mission Plumbing, Heating & Cooling to learn about your furnace replacement options.
What Are the Most Common Furnace Repairs?
There are many reasons why your furnace may not be running at its best. A professional heating technician can help assess your situation and determine whether you need furnace repair or if furnace replacement is the more effective option. Many furnace repairs, especially the most common ones, can be prevented with regular maintenance.
Common furnace repairs include:
- Changing the filter
- Cleaning ductwork
- Fixing the starting mechanism
- Replacing the heat exchanger
- Replacing blower bearings
- Fixing the limit switch
- Fixing or replacing the blower belt
- Repairing your thermostat
- Replacing a broken or malfunctioning burner
- Repairing the ignition or pilot light
Can I Fix My Own Furnace?
While you might be able to do some light maintenance on your own to keep your furnace working, the only way to be sure that your furnace is heating your home optimally is by trusting a professional Kansas City furnace repair team like ours at Mission Plumbing, Heating & Cooling.
Available 24/7 for Emergency Furnace Repairs
If your gas, electric, or propane furnace needs urgent repairs in Kansas City, Overland Park, Shawnee, Olathe, or any of the surrounding areas, you can count on Mission Plumbing, Heating & Cooling for reliable 24/7 availability. We understand that a broken furnace can be hazardous on a freezing day, which is why we make our services available around the clock. No matter what day or time disaster strikes, we'll be there to fix it ASAP.
By scheduling annual furnace maintenance with Mission PHC - Southern HVAC, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Improved Energy Efficiency: Regular maintenance ensures that your furnace is operating at its peak efficiency, which can help reduce your energy consumption and lower your utility bills.
- Extended Lifespan: Routine maintenance can help identify and address minor issues before they turn into major problems, helping to extend the lifespan of your furnace and avoid costly repairs or premature replacement.
- Enhanced Indoor Air Quality: During maintenance, our technicians will clean and inspect your furnace, removing dust, debris, and other contaminants that can contribute to poor indoor air quality. This can help reduce allergies, asthma symptoms, and other respiratory issues.
- Improved Safety: Our technicians will also inspect your furnace for any potential safety hazards, such as gas leaks or faulty electrical connections. Identifying and addressing these issues can help prevent carbon monoxide leaks and other dangerous situations.
- Prioritized Service: By scheduling regular maintenance with us, you become a valued customer and gain access to our priority service. This means that if you do experience a furnace breakdown, you will receive prompt and efficient service.
Need Kansas City furnace repair? Reach out to Mission Plumbing, Heating & Cooling today at (913) 347-5425 to schedule a free, no-obligation estimate.